Business Book Group
Welcome to our business book group.
Every month a group of like-minded individuals get together on Zoom to discuss a business-related book they have all read in the last month.
We rotate the books we read with every person getting the opportunity to suggest one.
There is no agenda and no selling – the idea is simply to learn, share, and support each other.
- Networking – it can be great but it can sometimes lack a structure. The book gives us a structure to the conversation and allows us to share experiences.
- Professional development – sometimes it is hard to develop your professional skills. Time, resource and motivation can all get in the way when you are busy running your business. We try to pick books that will genuinely teach us something.
- Support – the group provides an informal support network, we have branding people, coaches, sales people and experienced business owners. The group allows you to build relationships with people who can provide support, not sell their services to you. There is a huge value in a genuine cross-sharing of ideas from different market sectors.
- Members are expected to share issues, to be honest and to give advice. But they are not expected to sell their services.
- You ideally have to read the book, and hopefully have an opinion.
- Everyone is responsible for buying their own copy of the book!
- You can suggest any business-related book to the group on any subject, any specialism, or any segment. But, it can’t be a text book.
If you want to join the group, fill in your details and we will get back to you
Potential Reading List
- Virtual Selling: A Quick-Start Guide to Leveraging Video, Technology, and Virtual Communication Channels to Engage Remote Buyers and Close Deals Fast by Jeb Blount
- The Visual Sale: How to Use Video to Explode Sales, Drive Marketing, and Grow Your Business in a Virtual World by Marcus Sheridan
- A Mind for Sales: Daily Habits and Practical Strategies for Sales Success by Mark Hunter
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer
- Bring Yourself: How to Harness the Power of Connection to Negotiate Fearlessly by Mori Taheripour
- Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life by Ozan Varol
- Attention!: The power of simple decisions in a distracted world by Rob Hatch
- Sales Enablement 3.0: The Blueprint to Sales Enablement Excellence by Roderick Jefferson
- 101 Ways to Rock LinkedIn: Updated Edition by Viveka von Rosen
- Resilience Ready: The Leader’s Guide to Thriving Through Unrelenting Crises by Vivian Blade
- 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think
- 10x Marketing Formula by Garrett Moon
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
- Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman and Chris Yeh
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins and Jerry I. Porras
- Conscious Leadership by John Mackey, Steve McIntosh and Carter Phillips: Best for principled business management
- David and Goliath, by Malcolm Gladwell
- Deep Work
- How I Lost 170 Million Dollars by Noah Kagan
- How To Be F*cking Awesome, by Dan Meredith
- How to Think More Effectively by The School of Life: Best for implementing business ideas
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Identity Designed by David Airey: Best for visual brand creation
- In Search of Excellence by Thomas J. Peters and Robert H. Waterman Jr.
- It Doesn’t Have To Be Crazy At Work
- Lost and Founder by Rand Fishkin
- Master Content Marketing by Pamela Wilson
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- No B.S. Direct Marketing by Dan S. Kennedy
- Obsessed by Emily Heyward: Best for start-up branding
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
- Originals, by Adam Grant
- Post Corona by Scott Galloway: Best for a post-Covid world
- Pre-suasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Start With Why
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- The Age of Influence by Neal Schaffer: Best for influencer marketing
- The Catalyst by Jonah Berger: Best for overcoming barriers in business
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When
- There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- The Magic of Thinking Big
- The Passion Economy: The New Rules for Thriving In the 21st Century by Adam Davidson: Best for modern start-ups
- The Power of Ethics by Susan Liautaud: Best for ethical decision making
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- Toxic by Clive Lewis: Best for workplace relationships and team building
- Traction by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss
- Triggers by Joseph Sugarman
- Unleashed by Frances Frei & Anne Morriss: Best for empowered leadership
Some of the books we have read:
- Think Like a Monk – Jay Shetty
- Mastering the Complex Sale – Jeff Thull
- Growth Hacker Marketing – Ryan Holiday
- Do Disrupt – Mark Shayler
- Friction – Roger Dooley
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It – Michael E. Gerber