Business Book Group
Welcome to our business book group.
Every month a group of like-minded individuals get together on zoom to discuss a business related book they have all read in the last month.
We rotate the books we read, every person getting the opportunity to to suggest one.
There is no agenda, no selling, the idea is simply to learn, share and support each other.
- Networking can be great but it can sometimes lack a structure, the book gives us a structure to the conversation and allows us to share experiences.
- Professional development – sometimes it is hard to develop your professional skills, time, resource and motivation can all get in the way when you are busy runnig your business. We try to pick books that will genuinely teach us something.
- Support, the group provides an informal support network, we have branding people, coaches, sales people and experienced business owners. The group allows you to build relationships with people who can provide support, not sell their services to you. There is a huge value in a genuine cross sharing of ideas from different market sectors.
- Members are expected to share issues, to be honest and to give advice. But they are not expected to sell their services.
- You ideally have to read the book, and ideally have an opinion
- Everyone is responsible for buying their own copy of the book!
- You can suggest any business related book to the group, any subject, any specialism, any segment. But, it can’t be a text book.
If you want to join the group, fill in your details and we will get back to you
Some of the books we have read:
- Think like a Monk – Jay Shetty
- Mastering the complex sale – Jeff Thull
- Growth Hacker Marketing – Ryan Holiday
- Do Disrupt – Mark Shayler
- Friction – Roger Dooley